Sunday, April 12, 2009

Burke Chairs (tulip chairs) on the cheap!

We took a trip up to the mother ship (IKEA) on Saturday before Easter. On the way home, we stopped in Lockhart, TX (in between Austin and San Antonio) and purchased some retro 1950’s Burke/Tulip chairs that I saw advertised on Craigslist ($25!). I was wondering why no one in Austin had gobbled these up yet. Then I knew...it was a haul out there....so very far outside of Austin. It was still worth it though; I was excited to find them. It took us longer to get home than usual, because we took a wrong turn on I-10 and started going toward Houston! Lots of driving indeed to pick up these chairs. I am going to clean up/fix up the chairs (going to paint the orange chair white also) and make new cushions for them with Amy Butler fabric one of these days.



No comments: